4 Ways of Creating a Website Banner. Free Banner Generators. Smart Design Tips.
Contents: 1. What is a banner? 2. How do I create a banner? 3. Banner design tips Banner advertising has become an organic part of online marketing. However, while some banners work just fine, others evoke nothing but confusion or even irritation. Why is it so? In this post, we’ll talk about the secrets of designing a successful banner for your company website. On top of that, we’ll address smart methods of creating a banner both online and offline. There is no time to lose. Let’s get started!
- Background image. For example, if you’re promoting your cooking blog, it’s a good idea to use the picture of a mouthwatering dish in the background of your banner.
- Logo. A corporate logo ties up your banner with your brand identity, making the customer perceive them as a whole.
- Text or slogan. By placing a slogan on your banner, you can tell the customer what services you provide, what your mission is, what principles you’re guided by, etc. Instead of a slogan, you can add a call-to-action button in one of your corporate colors.
- 300 × 250 px and 336 × 280 px banners work great inside or at the end of an article (post).
- 728 × 90 px banner is a classic rectangle box that looks best in the upper part of the page.
- 300 × 600 px banner is perfect for an ad that focuses on the visuals instead of text.
- 320 × 100 px banner is an ideal choice for the mobile version of your website.
1 – Hire a designerIf you have the money to commission a qualified designer, you’re lucky than most entrepreneurs! The main challenge here is to find a professional to bring your ideas to life. Start exploring major freelance platforms, such as Odesk, Elance, Fiverr, and the like. On Fiverr, there are people who will create a banner for just 15$. However, it needs to be said that prices vary a lot from designer to designer. Before making the final choice, be sure to take a look at the portfolio of your selected designer. This way, you’ll get the idea of his or her experience, style, and creativity.
2 – Use graphic design softwareIf, from time to time, you find yourself in the mood to open a graphics editor and make some sketches, then this option might be just right for you. Why not create a banner yourself? While this method surely takes some time, it can save you lots of money. Along with inspiration, another thing you’ll need is a graphic design program. This could be any software you’re used to working in (Photoshop, Gimp, etc.). If you have never even opened a graphic editor, it’s never too late to learn! The need to create a banner can be a great pretext for acquiring a new skill. Nowadays, YouTube offers hundreds of tutorials on working in graphic editors of different levels of complexity. For example, here are a few video guides on drawing a banner in Photoshop:
3 – Power PointIf you think that Microsoft PowerPoint is only good for presentations, think again. This versatile software also has the tools for designing both static and animated banners! Creating a banner in PowerPoint is ridiculously simple. Bear with us. 1. Open PowerPoint 2. In the upper menu, click: Template -> New Slide -> Change Template. 3. Select: Design -> Slide size -> Change slide size… -> Banner. 4. Customize your banner by adding text, images, etc. For a better recognition, we recommend that you stick with your corporate colors and fonts. The alternative is to choose from default designs offered by the program. . 5. Add your company logo by clicking: Paste -> Images. Select the logo file and upload it from your computer. 6. Click the F5 button on your keyboard to preview the banner. 8. Save your newly created design to your computer.
4. Use an online banner generatorWhat do you do if have neither the budget, no drawing skills? You search the Internet for online services that can help you create banners for free! First, you need to choose the format and shape of your future design. Then you can add your logo (or any other image), text, call-to-action, etc. All design elements (font, colors, etc.) are customizable. Take a look at some of the popular banner generators:
- Canva is a simple and easy-to-use banner maker. With its huge selection of templates and custom shapes, Canva turns the daunting task of creating a banner into an entertaining pastime.
- Fotor banner maker is another powerful web platform with intuitive interface. Along with conventional banners, Fotor has a big choice of bold solutions for any business. Plus, its customization tools are really amazing!
- Pixlr is like Photoshop but with a better interface. You’ll be surprised to discover the big selection of filters and editing tools.
- Picmonkey also deserves a spot on our list. Here is the trick, though. To access filters, frames, fonts, and other custom design elements, you need to purchase a premium plan.
- Crello is loved by users for its beautiful templates and fonts. You’re sure to find the creative solution that reflects you corporate style!